Community Tree Project Grants Scheme 2013

The Tree Council of Ireland has partnered with Balfour Beatty CLG to provide funds to assist community groups to undertake well-planned tree planting projects during 2013.  The main aim of the Community Tree Projects Grant Scheme is to encourage community groups to plant trees in locations where people live and work and to support projects that apply good practice to the planting and management of trees.  Applicants will be required to demonstrate that they have sought advice on the project from a competent, experienced person.   Priority will be given to projects that encourage and facilitate involvement of local people.

This competitive scheme covers the purchase and installation of trees and aids to establishment.  Successful applicants will receive up to 75% towards their project costs subject to a maximum grant of €500 per project.  The remaining 25% will need to be provided by the community group.

To be eligible for funding, projects will be required to fulfil key criteria such as active engagement of the local community in the project, engagement of children under the age of 16 in the project, a publicly accessible planting site, defined neighbourhood benefits from the project, a plan in place for ensuring that the trees are cared for into the future, evidence of support and permission of the landowner where trees are to be planted and a timescale for project implementation.  In addition, the project must be run by a group or organisation that represents the interests of the local community and is non-profit making.

For further information and application form please click the link provided below:

Community Tree Grant – Application Form

This entry was posted in news. Bookmark the permalink. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.