See below a list of some of the available grants from Local Enterprise Westmeath
- Priming Grant
A Priming Grant is a business start-up grant, available to micro enterprises within the first 18 months of start-up.
Eligible costs include:
- Capital Items – including fit out of workspace, office equipment, machinery, computer costs,
- Salary Costs. For first year of employment. Maximum grant aid available of €15,000 per new full time job created. The job must be created for a minimum three year period.
- Utility Costs. These include installation costs for telephone & broadband. (Note mobile phone costs are excluded)
- Marketing Costs. These include packaging, brochures, trade fairs, website design and development, and other marketing initiatives.
- Business Expansion Grant
The Business Expansion Grant is designed to assist the business in its growth phase after the initial 18 month start up period.
Expenditure may be considered under the following headings :
- Capital Items – including fit out of workspace, office equipment, machinery, computer costs.
- Salary Costs – For first year of employment. The job must be created for a minimum three year period.
- Utility Costs – These include installation costs for telephone & broadband
- Marketing Costs – Packaging, brochures, trade fairs, website design and development
Consultancy Costs – These include design fees, patent costs, architect, accountant and legal fees.
- Micro Exporters Grant
The Technical Assistance for Micro Exporters (TAME) grant enables clients to explore and develop new market opportunities.
The TAME grant part-funds the costs that can be incurred investigating and researching export markets such as exhibiting at Trade Fairs, preparing marketing material and developing websites specifically targeting overseas markets.
- Feasibility/Innovation Grant
LEO Feasibility / Innovation Grants of up up to €15,000 are designed to assist the promoter with researching market demand for a product or service and examining it’s sustainability. It includes assistance with innovation including specific consultancy requirements, hiring of expertise from third level colleges, private specialists, design, and prototype development.