- 𝗟𝗶𝘃𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝘃𝗮𝗹𝘂𝗲𝘀 – 𝘉𝘦𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘢𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘳𝘦𝘧𝘭𝘦𝘤𝘵 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵’𝘴 𝘪𝘮𝘱𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘥𝘪𝘧𝘧𝘪𝘤𝘶𝘭𝘵.
Knowing your personal values can be hugely beneficial but in order to be truly authentic your actions must reflect your values.
The most frequent example of people honouring their values revolves around their career.
People have left well paid, high profile long established jobs because they realise what they are doing does not fit with their values.
Honouring and living your values can be difficult and you may have to make some tough decisions that could have a negative impact but for the greater good of who you are.
- 𝗕𝗲 𝗽𝗿𝗲𝘀𝗲𝗻𝘁 – 𝘈𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘧𝘰𝘤𝘶𝘴 𝘰𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘥𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘦𝘹𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘪𝘴.
Being authentic is about being connected to who you are and in order to do that the people I have spoken to say they consciously focus on being present in the moment.
They are curious about they are feeling in different situations, whether the feelings good, bad or indifferent. They want to understand themselves and do this in real time.
They fully immerse themselves with whatever is in front of them.
- 𝗣𝗿𝗮𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗰𝗲 𝗚𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗶𝘁𝘂𝗱𝗲 – 𝘈𝘯𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧 𝘵𝘰 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘦𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦.
There is a difference to being grateful and practising gratitude, and the difference is practicing gratitude involves consistent intentional action.
People who live authentically go out of their way to be grateful and they remind themselves every day of the things they are grateful for.
- 𝗚𝗼 𝗼𝘂𝘁𝘀𝗶𝗱𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁 𝘇𝗼𝗻𝗲 – 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘣𝘦𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘶𝘯𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘦
Living authentically does not mean you are discover who you are and stay like that forever.
The people are most comfortable with being themselves know that they are a forever work in progress and they embrace the lines between order and chaos.
- 𝗦𝗵𝗼𝘄 𝘂𝗽 – 𝘍𝘰𝘭𝘭𝘰𝘸 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘢𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯
It is said actions speak louder than words and the people who living authentically know this.
They do the work, they reflect, they adapt, they do more work and they are willing to keep going.
𝗧𝗶𝗺𝗲 𝗧𝗼 𝗕𝗲 𝗬𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘀𝗲𝗹𝗳