Employer Event – Future of your workforce
As part of our ethos to promote Mullingar as a place to live and work, we’ve partnered with the Midlands Regional Skills Forum’s John Costello, John will be connecting with local stakeholders offering FREE SERVICES designed to help fill critical vacancies at Companies. Guest speakers include Declan Doran from TUS (Technological University of the Shannon) Liz Glennon from LWETB (Longford Westmeath Education and Training Board) and Cathy Moran from DSP (Department of Social Protection).
The RSFM has established a strong knowledge of critical vacancies and key skills that are required from companies across the Midlands. This information influences course creation in key areas, creating a pipeline of talent in the every changing world of work.
Success to date includes:
- Upskilling older workers in the area of basic IT skills through the EXPLORE Programme.
- Developing and implementing a Welding Apprenticeship Programme with the Midlands ENGENUITY cluster.
- Contributing research, providing supportive documentation, and conducting surveys & skills audits for:
- The Advanced Technologies in Manufacturing cluster.
- Midlands Advanced Manufacturing Action Plan 2021-2024.
- MidlandsIreland.ie Regional Food & Drink Strategy 2021-2024.
- Springboard+ Programme at TÚS:MMW.
- TY Engineering Working Group – PRIME.
Midlands Regional Skills Forum manager John Costello also chairs the Midlands regional Just Transition Group.
General Objectives of MRSF
- Provide a cohesive structure for employers and the further and higher education system to work together in building the skills needs of the region
- Help employers better understand and access the full range of services available across the education and training system
- Enhance links between education and training providers in planning and delivering programmes, reduce duplication and inform national funding decisions
- Facilitate the involvement of enterprise stakeholders in a collaborative framework with education and training partners in the identification, development and delivery of skills development responses
- Actively promote the activities and achievements of the Regional Skills Forum